1. Disable devices if you are not using them eg, wireless or bluetooth.
2. Disconnect any external devices eg mice , keyboards etc.
3. Try not to run too many applications at once.
4. Decrease or mute the Laptop Speaker Volume.
5. Tweak Windows Power Options – Choose a Laptop power scheme that turns off the notebook monitor and hard disk after 10 minutes of inactivity.
6. Adjust your screen brightness – Dimming your display saves battery power.
7. Remove any discs from the Disc drive (accessing my computer wil most likely cause the drive to spin up wasting power.
8. Turn off all scheduled tasks.
9. Turn off Auto-save features in Microsoft Office and other applications.
10.Use Hibernation instead of using Sleep mode.